Saturday, November 11, 2006

Catch up

I guess it is time that I caught up with my blogging. The only excuses I can offer for my negligence are heavy family schedules, and my have just recovered from abdominal surgery. So....if memory serves, my last blog was about Aly's birthday party.....wow it is hard to believe she is already 6 and so tall! She is 49 inches. If she continues growing at her present rate she will be taller than me in only a few years! Lets see....what has happened in House Houle since then....back in the end of August Jason tested for and received his HAM radio license. I am not really sure what that means, so I guess he should have blogged about it. Around the same time, Aly started Brownies. She loves it....which makes me very happy. I never had the opportunity to participate in Girl Scouts, so I am living vicariously through her....besides...it is nice to see her do something girly....karate is great and I am glad she does it, but it is nice to see becoming proud of being a girl too. I guess the end of August was busy for Jason and Aly since they also started taking our puppy to training classes then....I am not sure she learned anything...but she did graduate in October.

In Septemeber, Aly had her first sleepover at her karate school of all places. She was really excited to go, but a little nervous for me to leave her. Turns out that just as I suspected, she did great! She didn't want to leave the next morning when we went to pick her up. Zac was so cute that morning. He got up and after looking in Aly's room and our room for her, he said, "Lets go get sissy." That was before he was really talking in sentences, so he really took us by surprise. The middle of September was when I went in for surgery. Jason got to find out what a chore it is to take the kids to school and get them everywhere they need to go. Yet more karate news, at the end of September Jason and Aly belt tested. Jason is now a blue belt, and Aly is a yellow belt.

October slowed down a bit. The big events of the month were my parents coming back to the valley for the winter and of course Halloween. Which started on the 24th this year with a party at Petsmart that we had to take the puppy to. There were games, treats, and a costume contest, and Aly and Caly got their picture taken....both in costume of course. Aly informed us what we all had to be this year. She was a unicorn, Zac was a knight, Jason was the king, I was the princess, and the puppy was a dragon. At least that is the way things were supposed to work! Zac has been into hats latey so he commandeered Jason's crown and wore it with his own breast plate while he carried around his sword. The kids both did great with trick or treating this year. They had a practice run the day before Halloweeen at Intel. Zac was so cute. We actually got him to say "trick or treat", put the candy in his bag, and then show his appreciation. Of course in grand Zac style he did things his own way and instead of just saying "thank you" he said "thank you...you're welcome".

November hasn't been too eventful yet....though lots of cute things are on the way....so stay tuned and I will try and do a better job of keeping you posted on what is going on out here in the valley....were I am pleased to say (especially after hearing the most recent midwest weather report) that the days have been about 10 degrees warmer than normal....right around 85. :-)