Thursday, May 17, 2007
The Greatest Mothers Day Gift
Well....it was a little late....but my daughter unknowingly gave me a mother's day present I am not soon to forget. She is learning about letter writing in her first grade class so has taken to writing little notes. This morning while I was busy doing all that needs to be done in order to get the kids ready for school and out the door in the morning I set her to work signing a card. A little while later she came up to me with the card and an additional square of paper. On the paper was written "at lunch time look in the cuvr (cupboard) with the peenubr (peanut butter) in it. Lunch time came and I went to look. At first I didn't see anything...can this be good news? I wondered as I have in the past found things she was trying to hide. Then standing on end next to the straws it came into view. It was yet another note....a mini scavenger hunt. On the paper this time was written "your the best in the werld" with 2 hearts and a smiley face. Figuring Jason had to have put her up to it, I asked when he came home for lunch. When he said he couldn't take credit, I felt tears welling up in my eyes. Now....if she only stays this sweet.